Job No: -
Compliance Officer (Parttime, 25 hours)
As the Compliance Officer you enforce and monitor risk-based compliance programs to assure the firm’s compliance with AML/CFT legal and regulatory requirements and assist in the oversight of the AML/CFT framework. You perform quality checks on the periodic reviews to assure that these are in accordance with the AML/CF regulatory requirements and the procedures of the organization. You identify AML/CFT compliance issues that require follow-up or further investigation. You work in a team with the Reporting Officer.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Enhance the Compliance framework on the development or implementation of compliance-related policies and procedures throughout the organization.
- Keep the AML/CFT Risk Assessment and Strategy updated and inform Management of the results.
- Provide feedback and recommendation on improvements of the current AML/CFT procedures, monitoring, and execution of AML/CFT Compliance standards.
- Provide support to the organization when AML/CFT regulatory updates or changes, and update the firm’s risk assessment, strategy, policies, procedures, and measures accordingly.
- Assist to undertake quality reviews of compliance with policies and procedures to AML/CFT and provide report to Management on recommendation on control measures and improvements and monitor these.
- Keep informed regarding trends and developments in the area of AML/CFT, best practices and assess the potential impact of these on the organizational processes.
- Assist with training of staff in Compliance topics.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum completed Bachelor required, preferably in Business Administration, Economics, Law or equivalent.
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience in a similar position
- Formal compliance-related certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of the type of business of our firm is a plus.
- Strong (financial) analytical skills, able to read reports and interpret data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, Dutch and Papiamento.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build long-term working relationships.
- Ability to collaborate/work with others, inside and outside one’s own area to accomplish business goals.
- High level of integrity, able to maintain confidential information.
- Strong attention to detail and able to work within deadlines, result oriented.
Does this sound like something for you? Apply now! At Grant Thornton Aruba we help you discover your space for growth within the company.
Please send your resume, motivation letter, diploma(s) and reference letter(s) to email@example.com by the 31st of March 2024. Please let us know for what vacancy you’re applying for in the mail subject.