Job No: -
Location: ArubaApply for this position
Grant Thornton is the world’s fastest-growing global accountancy organization. With more than 62,000 people in over 130 countries, we are a truly global network with a huge reach and growing capability. So, if you are a Student looking to make a real impact on the world, join our team!
The Opportunity | Compliance Intern
As a Compliance Intern at Grant Thornton Aruba & Bonaire, you will be part of the Compliance Department and Advisory Department, located at our Aruba office. You will be supporting the team with internal procedures, as well as working on external projects for our clients. During your internship you will have plenty of learning opportunities, experience autonomy and be granted the responsibility to advise and drive improvements alongside coaching and support. You must be able to work independently as well as in teams and have good organizational sensitivity.
About the Team
The team consists of 4 people, including the Money Laundering Compliance Officer and the Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Assist with assessing client and transaction monitoring.
- Assist with sanction screening.
- Support in creating awareness on compliance topics.
- Support in reviewing Compliance policies and procedures.
- Support the Compliance function with developing a compliance plan.
- Support with several Compliance projects for our external clients on Aruba and Bonaire.
Your Skills and Qualities
- You are enrolled as a full-time Bachelor’s or Master’s in Law, Business, Economy or related field.
- You are interested in Compliance, both on AML/CFT and overall Regulatory Compliance.
- You are available to start in September 2023, for a minimum of 6 months, 5 days a week.
- You are fluent in English and Dutch. Papiamento is a pre.
Grant Thornton Aruba and Bonaire can give you a flying start. We are ambitious. We provide practical coaching and guidance. You will see it in the way people make themselves available, regardless of hierarchy or title. It is this entrepreneurial environment that keeps us agile and innovative, allowing us to tailor our services to help dynamic organizations go beyond business as usual. Are you ready for this challenge?
To apply, please send your resume and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertised: 06 Feb 2023 SA Western Standard Time
Application close: 31 Dec 2023 SA Western Standard Time